Lunar New Year Photo Shoot on Bird's Party Magazine

Looking for stylish inspirations for your holiday entertaining? Bird's Party Magazine, Holiday 2011 issue, has got you covered. It's filled with over 130 pages of recipes, DIY tutorials, party inspirations, holiday gift ideas, and so much more.


When Bird asked me if I was interested in doing a photo shoot to showcase her Lunar New Year printable collection, I jumped at the chance. There's definitely a lack of Lunar New Year printables available out there, so I was delighted that she created a collection complete with invitations, thank you cards, cupcake toppers, buffet cards, favor boxes, and patterned paper.


I wanted to create a modern Asian vibe and displayed the desserts on my dark bamboo entertainment center, which made the vibrant colors from the collection really pop! I couldn't have done it without help from Rebecca of Rebecca Wakins Photography, who did an amazing job capturing all of the angles. Brittany of Edible Details sculpted the most incredible 3D dragon figure and other fondant toppers for the moon cakes; and Xiaolu of 6 Bittersweets whipped up some fragrant orange passionfruit curd poppyseed mini tarts and tangerine mousse. You can catch the complete spread on pages 46 through 53 of the magazine.

1 comment:

Next previous home